Aston Martin Need to Get In There




Well well well; the new season of Formula One started on Friday with practice on the Bahrain circuit in Sakhir. Last season in 2009 was epic, although it petered out slightly towards the end- JB lost a bit of his game and seems to have not claimed it back yet. Yet. And of course there was the whole Hamilton facade, and then Ferrari Man's injury. :P So it was exciting, lets put it that way.

Now I can't decide whether this past weekend of racing has been similar.

In the practice you couldn't really tell if it was going to be very close/exciting or not. But in qualifying, it was starting to shape up as a very interesting race on Sunday, with Button just squeezing in to eighth from the qualifying, Schumacher next to him in seventh, Vettel and Massa at the top.

So when I got back from my delightful mother day's lunch at the British Museum, I was expecting something like Button and perhaps Rosberg near the top, perhaps a Ferrari guy too. But certainly not BOTH Ferraris on the podium; I then decided that I needed to watch the whole thing on iPlayer. (side note- BBC iPlayer FTW.)

However, half way through the race, I decided that they need to change the goddamn rules.

See, the new regulations on fuel tank stuff means that racers now can't refuel during the race, even though they still have pitstops to change tyres etc. But this, in my opinion, makes the race much less exciting, not just because they don't pitstop as often, but because there's now less risk involved. So fewer drivers are overtaking etc.

Ughh, please change those rules on fueling.

Although, I hafta say, Alonso certainly showed off his driving skill in that race and was a deserved winner, and that made the race less dull. And of course Schumie, as always, made the race less dull with his swift overtaking moves. o: Still luff him, although I haven't yet decided the racer I'm going to support fully in this season. Gonna have to decide before the Australian race.

WHERE IS ASTON MARTIN?!

Ahem.

They had better hurry up and develop a Grand Prix car, otherwise I shall have to stab one of them. T___T



But anywho, back to the point, I hope this season will be as exciting as the last one. I'd like to make some little predictions before I go, but don't quote me on these. I don't think Button's gonna get back in the game, certainly not win the championship again. Schumacher...Not sure. I think he'll do quite well. Hamilton should do well too, if he can get his breaking in gear (so to speak). Not sure 'bout the Ferrari lot either, too soon to judge after the first podium wins.

Should we all have some little music before the end? :D

Latest favorites of Ludovico's, thought it would keep y'all entertained for the next week or so. (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8zT9ran8Ps

Aaand lets have some lovely John Mayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2mJpQSkae8

So this is goodbye for now x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

About Me

My photo
Aims to squeeze the whole world onto a single page. Or maybe little more than one page. Loves physics, photography and Private Eye.

Followers