Ludovico Einaudi



Hello again.

Last week on Tuesday I went to a concert at the Royal Albert Hall; my final Christmas present. As I sat a mere two seats away from my favorite classical composer, I thought 'this would make a good blog entry.' So here we are.
Strangely, Ludovico Einaudi (how dare blogger say his name is spelt wrong?) seems to be featuring certainly in my writing recently, although not to my knowledge at the time. He was born in Turin, Italy, which in turn is the name of one of my new characters with which I'm writing with at the moment (Turin, not Italy). Another one of my characters popped up in his new album, a shape shifter called Phoebe Labyrinth, in the second track of the album, Lady Labyrinth.
First off, he's very different. His music and style has been described as 'minimalist' and I think the term both fits very well and doesn't fit at all. On one hand, his music is so different and so pure that 'minimalist' seems to describe it very well. However, Einaudi's music doesn't belong in the minimalist category, I don't think, it's more... subtle than that.

"In general I don't like definitions, but 'Minimalist' is a term that means elegance and openness, so I would prefer to be called a Minimalist than something else."
Ludovico Einaudi



I suppose you should listen to some before I continue. xD Here's one of my favorite tracks, anywho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQMKh8p_Zdw

{Indaco, Ludovico Einaudi. Album- Nightbook}

Every single track of his is absolutely amazing in it's own right. The track above, Indaco, is one of the beautiful ones. I don't think any other music compares, although Philip Glass would be the closest I've found so far, but even his music isn't as thought-provoking as Einaudi's.

His concert was fantastic. ^^' As we were only sat two seats away from him, I sometimes had to look back just to check the rest of the audience was actually there. He started with Lady Labyrinth, (see below) some more from Nightbook and went on to be joined by strings, and performed some of I Giorni and Primavera from Divenire. Then some more from Nightbook. Loved every minute of it. At the end he threw out flowers into the crowd, and he smiled at me and threw me one but the woman in front caught it ¬¬ Rawr.

Some of his compositions are quite different too. o_o Here's my second favorite of his songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCNXp6LRP7E

{Lady Labyrinth, Ludovico Einaudi. Nightbook}

Aaand this is my favorite, which is the first I ever heard of him, and then the first album of his I'd bought-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhuGfmoIv_M

{I Giorni, Ludovico Einaudi. I Giorni}

Beautiful.

I hope y'all have a listen to him, I recommend it. ^^'


2 comments:

Dan Schaumann said...

This music is gorgeous! I was really irritated this morning at having to go to work but I'm listening to Indaco atm and it's completely calmed my nerves. How cool that you went to see him in concert :D

Illusionist said...

I know, his music is amazing. :D Glad it cheered yha up ;)

Hehe X3

Post a Comment

Pages

About Me

My photo
Aims to squeeze the whole world onto a single page. Or maybe little more than one page. Loves physics, photography and Private Eye.

Followers