Doctor Who and Top Gear return!

Yes, yes, I know Doctor Who isn't properly returning until next spring with that new guy, Matte Paint Smith or whatever his name is. That shall be his new nickname.


Actually, I was relatively surprised by how good last night's episode, Waters of Mars was :) At first I was thinking that it would be the usual 'The Doctor fails on his own' kind of thing. Well in the end the message was kind of the same. Anywho, I thought it was a very awesome concept and I'm surprised the Doctor Who team haven't done much on Mars before. Nor on water. Although I can understand the technical complications- water+electricity... = badness.

The water creatures were awesome, if a little disturbing, but hey, glad Doctor Who had livened up a bit. Thought they went a bit over the top on the whole 'water is coming out of my mouth like a jet hose' kind of thing, but otherwise did a very good job on the prosthetics and things. Interesting characters, too, although it's a shame most of them got killed off.

Shouldn't comment on the Doctor's powa crazeh ness.... Aw alright, HE WENT COMPLETELY CRAZY. He needs to calm down. Actually, he needs a companion, someone to stop him going to far. o.o'

Aww gonna miss Tennant. :3


Right, Top Gear! :D Hurrah, its back for another series! And I'm glad to see this week's starter episode was up to scratch again, after last series slight disappointment. Loved the Romania grand tour... Although I do happen to think that James, in this situation, picked the wrong car for a grand tour. :/
Don't get me wrong, I love the Gallardo, but I don't think it survived well on those dirt tracks xD Poor James, though, when his beloved Sandero got sorta crushed... Richard was all 'Aw and you could have drove it to work and everything...' I hated him for that. But love him for everything else.
Guest, whoever the Australian guy was, was relatively uninteresting. :/

Got a bit bored in the Merc V BMW saloon review, although suppose there was something in it for everyone.

Sure I've forgotten something.

Aww they missed out the series preview thing they usually do at the beginning of the first episode. D:
Otherwise great episode, can't wait for next Sunday!

Oh and Nano is not going as planned. T_T x

~Illusionist

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

About Me

My photo
Aims to squeeze the whole world onto a single page. Or maybe little more than one page. Loves physics, photography and Private Eye.

Followers